1. Rejoice, you just, in the LORD; praise from the upright is fitting.
2. Give thanks to the LORD on the harp; on the ten-stringed lyre offer praise.
3. Sing to God a new song; skillfully play with joyful chant.
4. For the LORD'S word is true; all his works are trustworthy.
5. The LORD loves justice and right and fills the earth with goodness.
6. By the LORD'S word the heavens were made; by the breath of his mouth all their host.
7. The waters of the sea were gathered as in a bowl; in cellars the deep was confined.
8. Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all who dwell in the world show reverence.
9. For he spoke, and it came to be, commanded, and it stood in place.
10. The LORD foils the plan of nations, frustrates the designs of peoples.
11. But the plan of the LORD stands forever, wise designs through all generations.
12. Happy the nation whose God is the LORD, the people chosen as his very own.
13. From heaven the LORD looks down and observes the whole human race,
14. Surveying from the royal throne all who dwell on earth.
15. The one who fashioned the hearts of them all knows all their works.
16. A king is not saved by a mighty army, nor a warrior delivered by great strength.
17. Useless is the horse for safety; its great strength, no sure escape.
18. But the LORD'S eyes are upon the reverent, upon those who hope for his gracious help,
19. Delivering them from death, keeping them alive in times of famine.
20. Our soul waits for the LORD, who is our help and shield.
21. For in God our hearts rejoice; in your holy name we trust.
22. May your kindness, LORD, be upon us; we have put our hope in you.