1. O LORD, you are my God, I will extol you and praise your name; For you have fulfilled your wonderful plans of old, faithful and true.
2. For you have made the city a heap, the fortified city a ruin; The castle of the insolent is a city no more, nor ever to be rebuilt.
3. Therefore a strong people will honor you, fierce nations will fear you.
4. For you are a refuge to the poor, a refuge to the needy in distress; Shelter from the rain, shade from the heat. As with the cold rain,
5. as with the desert heat, even so you quell the uproar of the wanton.
6. On this mountain the LORD of hosts will provide for all peoples A feast of rich food and choice wines, juicy, rich food and pure, choice wines.
7. On this mountain he will destroy the veil that veils all peoples, The web that is woven over all nations;
8. he will destroy death forever. The Lord GOD will wipe away the tears from all faces; The reproach of his people he will remove from the whole earth; for the LORD has spoken.
9. On that day it will be said: "Behold our God, to whom we looked to save us! This is the LORD for whom we looked; let us rejoice and be glad that he has saved us!"
10. For the hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain, but Moab will be trodden down as a straw is trodden down in the mire.
11. He will stretch forth his hands in Moab as a swimmer extends his hands to swim; He will bring low their pride as his hands sweep over them.
12. The high-walled fortress he will raze, and strike it down level with the earth, with the very dust.