2. Let him kiss me with kisses of his mouth! More delightful is your love than wine!
3. Your name spoken is a spreading perfume- that is why the maidens love you.
4. Draw me! - We will follow you eagerly! Bring me, O king, to your chambers. With you we rejoice and exult, we extol your love; it is beyond wine: how rightly you are loved!
5. I am as dark-but lovely, O daughters of Jerusalem- As the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Salma.
6. Do not stare at me because I am swarthy, because the sun has burned me. My brothers have been angry with me; they charged me with the care of the vineyards: my own vineyard I have not cared for.
7. Tell me, you whom my heart loves, where you pasture your flock, where you give them rest at midday, Lest I be found wandering after the flocks of your companions.
8. If you do not know, O most beautiful among women, Follow the tracks of the flock and pasture the young ones near the shepherds' camps.
9. To the steeds of Pharaoh's chariots would I liken you, my beloved:
10. Your cheeks lovely in pendants, your neck in jewels.
11. We will make pendants of gold for you, and silver ornaments.
12. For the king's banquet my nard gives forth its fragrance.
13. My lover is for me a sachet of myrrh to rest in my bosom.
14. My lover is for me a cluster of henna from the vineyards of Engedi.
15. Ah, you are beautiful, my beloved, ah, you are beautiful; your eyes are doves!
16. Ah, you are beautiful, my lover - yes, you are lovely. Our couch, too, is verdant;
17. the beams of our house are cedars, our rafters, cypresses.