1. For the leader; with stringed instruments. Of David.
2. Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer!
3. From the brink of Sheol I call; my heart grows faint. Raise me up, set me on a rock,
4. for you are my refuge, a tower of strength against the foe.
5. Then I will ever dwell in your tent, take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Selah
6. O God, when you accept my vows and hear the plea of those who revere your name in prayer:
7. "Add to the days of the king's life; may his years be many generations;
8. May he reign before God forever; may your love and fidelity preserve him"--
9. Then I will sing your name forever, fulfill my vows day after day.