1. A psalm. A song for the dedication of the temple. Of David.
2. I praise you, LORD, for you raised me up and did not let my enemies rejoice over me.
3. O LORD, my God, I cried out to you and you healed me.
4. LORD, you brought me up from Sheol; you kept me from going down to the pit.
5. Sing praise to the LORD, you faithful; give thanks to God's holy name.
6. For divine anger lasts but a moment; divine favor lasts a lifetime. At dusk weeping comes for the night; but at dawn there is rejoicing.
7. Complacent, I once said, "I shall never be shaken."
8. LORD, when you showed me favor I stood like the mighty mountains. But when you hid your face I was struck with terror.
9. To you, LORD, I cried out; with the Lord I pleaded for mercy:
10. "What gain is there from my lifeblood, from my going down to the grave? Does dust give you thanks or declare your faithfulness?
11. Hear, O LORD, have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper."
12. You changed my mourning into dancing; you took off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.
13. With my whole being I sing endless praise to you. O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks.