1. Rely not on your wealth; say not: "I have the power."
2. Rely not on your strength in following the desires of your heart.
3. Say not: "Who can prevail against me?" for the LORD will exact the punishment.
4. Say not: "I have sinned, yet what has befallen me?" for the LORD bides his time.
5. Of forgiveness be not overconfident, adding sin upon sin.
6. Say not: "Great is his mercy; my many sins he will forgive."
7. For mercy and anger alike are with him; upon the wicked alights his wrath.
8. Delay not your conversion to the LORD, put it not off from day to day;
9. For suddenly his wrath flames forth; at the time of vengeance, you will be destroyed.
10. Rely not upon deceitful wealth, for it will be no help on the day of wrath.
11. Winnow not in every wind, and start not off in every direction.
12. Be consistent in your thoughts; steadfast be your words.
13. Be swift to hear, but slow to answer.
14. If you have the knowledge, answer your neighbor; if not, put your hand over your mouth.
15. Honor and dishonor through talking! A man's tongue can be his downfall.
16. Be not called a detractor; use not your tongue for calumny;
17. For shame has been created for the thief, and the reproach of his neighbor for the double-tongued.