0. A Song. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.
1. Great is the LORD and greatly to be praised in the city of our God! His holy mountain,
2. beautiful in elevation, is the joy of all the earth, Mount Zion, in the far north, the city of the great King.
3. Within her citadels God has shown himself a sure defense.
4. For lo, the kings assembled, they came on together.
5. As soon as they saw it, they were astounded, they were in panic, they took to flight;
6. trembling took hold of them there, anguish as of a woman in travail.
7. By the east wind thou didst shatter the ships of Tarshish.
8. As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God, which God establishes for ever. [Selah]
9. We have thought on thy steadfast love, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
10. As thy name, O God, so thy praise reaches to the ends of the earth. Thy right hand is filled with victory;
11. let Mount Zion be glad! Let the daughters of Judah rejoice because of thy judgments!
12. Walk about Zion, go round about her, number her towers,
13. consider well her ramparts, go through her citadels; that you may tell the next generation
14. that this is God, our God for ever and ever. He will be our guide for ever.