0. A Psalm of David.
1. I call upon thee, O LORD; make haste to me! Give ear to my voice, when I call to thee!
2. Let my prayer be counted as incense before thee, and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice!
3. Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD, keep watch over the door of my lips!
4. Incline not my heart to any evil, to busy myself with wicked deeds in company with men who work iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties!
5. Let a good man strike or rebuke me in kindness, but let the oil of the wicked never anoint my head; for my prayer is continually against their wicked deeds.
6. When they are given over to those who shall condemn them, then they shall learn that the word of the LORD is true.
7. As a rock which one cleaves and shatters on the land, so shall their bones be strewn at the mouth of Sheol.
8. But my eyes are toward thee, O LORD God; in thee I seek refuge; leave me not defenseless!
9. Keep me from the trap which they have laid for me, and from the snares of evildoers!
10. Let the wicked together fall into their own nets, while I escape.