0. To the choirmaster. Of David.
1. In the LORD I take refuge; how can you say to me, "Flee like a bird to the mountains;
2. for lo, the wicked bend the bow, they have fitted their arrow to the string, to shoot in the dark at the upright in heart;
3. if the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do"?
4. The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven; his eyes behold, his eyelids test, the children of men.
5. The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and his soul hates him that loves violence.
6. On the wicked he will rain coals of fire and brimstone; a scorching wind shall be the portion of their cup.
7. For the LORD is righteous, he loves righteous deeds; the upright shall behold his face.