1. Working together with him, then, we entreat you not to accept the grace of God in vain.
2. For he says, "At the acceptable time I have listened to you, and helped you on the day of salvation." Behold, now is the acceptable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
3. We put no obstacle in any one's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry,
4. but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in afflictions, hardships, calamities,
5. beatings, imprisonments, tumults, labors, watching, hunger;
6. by purity, knowledge, forbearance, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love,
7. truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left;
8. in honor and dishonor, in ill repute and good repute. We are treated as impostors, and yet are true;
9. as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as punished, and yet not killed;
10. as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
11. Our mouth is open to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide.
12. You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections.
13. In return -- I speak as to children -- widen your hearts also.
14. Do not be mismated with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
15. What accord has Christ with Be'lial? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?
16. What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Therefore come out from them, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch nothing unclean; then I will welcome you,
18. and I will be a father to you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."