1. I saw that in the right hand of the One sitting on the throne there was a scroll that was written on back and front and was sealed with seven seals.
2. Then I saw a powerful angel who called with a loud voice, 'Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?'
3. But there was no one, in heaven or on the earth or under the earth, who was able to open the scroll and read it.
4. I wept bitterly because nobody could be found to open the scroll and read it,
5. but one of the elders said to me, 'Do not weep. Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed, and so he will open the scroll and its seven seals.'
6. Then I saw, in the middle of the throne with its four living creatures and the circle of the elders, a Lamb standing that seemed to have been sacrificed; it had seven horns, and it had seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits that God has sent out over the whole world.
7. The Lamb came forward to take the scroll from the right hand of the One sitting on the throne,
8. and when he took it, the four living creatures prostrated themselves before him and with them the twenty-four elders; each one of them was holding a harp and had a golden bowl full of incense which are the prayers of the saints.
9. They sang a new hymn: You are worthy to take the scroll and to break its seals, because you were sacrificed, and with your blood you bought people for God of every race, language, people and nation
10. and made them a line of kings and priests for God, to rule the world.
11. In my vision, I heard the sound of an immense number of angels gathered round the throne and the living creatures and the elders; there were ten thousand times ten thousand of them and thousands upon thousands,
12. loudly chanting: Worthy is the Lamb that was sacrificed to receive power, riches, wisdom, strength, honour, glory and blessing.
13. Then I heard all the living things in creation -- everything that lives in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and in the sea, crying: To the One seated on the throne and to the Lamb, be all praise, honour, glory and power, for ever and ever.
14. And the four living creatures said, 'Amen'; and the elders prostrated themselves to worship.