1. [For the choirmaster On oboe and harp Psalm Of David] I thank you, Yahweh, with my whole heart, I recount all your wonders,
2. I rejoice and delight in you, I sing to your name, Most High.
3. My enemies are in retreat, they stumble and perish at your presence,
4. for you have given fair judgement in my favour, seated on your throne as upright judge.
5. You have rebuked the nations, destroyed the wicked, blotted out their name for ever and ever;
6. the enemy is wiped out -- mere ruins for ever -- you have annihilated their cities, their memory has perished. See,
7. Yahweh is enthroned for ever, keeping his throne firm for judgement;
8. he will himself judge the world in uprightness, will give a true verdict on the nations.
9. May Yahweh be a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble!
10. Those who revere your name can rely on you, you never desert those who seek you, Yahweh.
11. Sing to Yahweh who dwells in Zion, tell the nations his mighty deeds,
12. for the avenger of blood does not forget them, he does not ignore the cry of the afflicted.
13. Have pity on me, Yahweh, see my affliction, pull me back from the gates of death,
14. that I may recount all your praises at the gates of the daughter of Zion and rejoice in your salvation.
15. The nations have fallen into the trap they made, their feet caught in the snare they laid.
16. Yahweh has made himself known, given judgement, he has ensnared the wicked in the work of their own hands.Muted music Pause
17. May the wicked turn away to Sheol, all the nations forgetful of God.
18. For the needy is not forgotten for ever, not for ever does the hope of the poor come to nothing.
19. Arise, Yahweh; human strength shall not prevail. The nations shall stand trial before you.
20. Strike them with terror, Yahweh; the nations shall know that they are no more than human!Pause