1. [For the choirmaster Tune: 'The decrees are lilies' Of Asaph Psalm] Shepherd of Israel, listen, you who lead Joseph like a flock, enthroned on the winged creatures, shine forth
2. over Ephraim, Benjamin and Manasseh; rouse your valour and come to our help.
3. God, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be safe.
4. Yahweh, God Sabaoth, how long will you flare up at your people's prayer?
5. You have made tears their food, redoubled tears their drink.
6. You let our neighbours quarrel over us, our enemies mock us.
7. God Sabaoth, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be safe.
8. You brought a vine out of Egypt, to plant it you drove out nations;
9. you cleared a space for it, it took root and filled the whole country.
10. The mountains were covered with its shade, and the cedars of God with its branches,
11. its boughs stretched as far as the sea, its shoots as far as the River.
12. Why have you broken down its fences? Every passer-by plucks its grapes,
13. boars from the forest tear at it, wild beasts feed on it.
14. God Sabaoth, come back, we pray, look down from heaven and see, visit this vine;
15. protect what your own hand has planted.
16. They have thrown it on the fire like dung, the frown of your rebuke will destroy them.
17. May your hand protect those at your side, the child of Adam you have strengthened for yourself!
18. Never again will we turn away from you, give us life and we will call upon your name.
19. God Sabaoth, bring us back, let your face shine on us and we shall be safe.