1. [For the choirmaster For flutes Psalm Of David] Give ear to my words, Yahweh, spare a thought for my sighing.
2. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God! To you I pray,
3. Yahweh. At daybreak you hear my voice; at daybreak I lay my case before you and fix my eyes on you.
4. You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil, no sinner can be your guest.
5. Boasters cannot stand their ground under your gaze. You hate evil-doers,
6. liars you destroy; the violent and deceitful Yahweh detests.
7. But, so great is your faithful love, I may come into your house, and before your holy temple bow down in reverence of you.
8. In your saving justice, Yahweh, lead me, because of those who lie in wait for me; make your way plain before me.
9. Not a word from their lips can be trusted, through and through they are destruction, their throats are wide -- open graves, their tongues seductive.
10. Lay the guilt on them, God, make their intrigues their own downfall; for their countless offences, thrust them from you, since they have rebelled against you.
11. But joy for all who take refuge in you, endless songs of gladness! You shelter them, they rejoice in you, those who love your name.
12. It is you who bless the upright, Yahweh, you surround them with favour as with a shield.