1. [For the choirmaster Psalm Of David] Blessed is anyone who cares for the poor and the weak; in time of trouble Yahweh rescues him.
2. Yahweh protects him, gives him life and happiness on earth. Do not abandon him to his enemies' pleasure!
3. Yahweh sustains him on his bed of sickness; you transform altogether the bed where he lies sick.
4. For my part I said, 'Yahweh, take pity on me! Cure me for I have sinned against you.'
5. My enemies speak to me only of disaster, 'When will he die and his name disappear?'
6. When people come to see me their talk is hollow, when they get out they spread the news with spite in their hearts.
7. All who hate me whisper together about me and reckon I deserve the misery I suffer.
8. 'A fatal sickness has a grip on him; now that he is down, he will never get up again.'
9. Even my trusted friend on whom I relied, who shared my table, takes advantage of me.
10. But you, Yahweh, take pity on me! Put me on my feet and I will give them their due.
11. This will convince me that you delight in me, if my enemy no longer exults over me.
12. Then you will keep me unscathed, and set me in your presence for ever.
13. Blessed be Yahweh, the God of Israel, from eternity to eternity. Amen, Amen.