1. [Of David] To you, Yahweh, I cry, my rock, do not be deaf to me! If you stay silent I shall be like those who sink into oblivion.
2. Hear the sound of my prayer when I call upon you, when I raise my hands, Yahweh, towards your Holy of Holies.
3. Do not drag me away with the wicked, with evil-doers, who talk to their partners of peace with treachery in their hearts.
4. Repay them as their deeds deserve, as befits their treacherous actions; as befits their handiwork repay them, let their deserts fall back on themselves.
5. They do not comprehend the deeds of Yahweh, the work of his hands. May he pull them down and not rebuild them!
6. Blessed be Yahweh for he hears the sound of my prayer.
7. Yahweh is my strength and my shield, in him my heart trusts. I have been helped; my body has recovered its vigour, with all my heart I thank him.
8. Yahweh is the strength of his people, a safe refuge for his anointed.
9. Save your people, bless your heritage, shepherd them and carry them for ever!