1. [Of David] Yahweh is my light and my salvation, whom should I fear? Yahweh is the fortress of my life, whom should I dread?
2. When the wicked advance against me to eat me up, they, my opponents, my enemies, are the ones who stumble and fall.
3. Though an army pitch camp against me, my heart will not fear, though war break out against me, my trust will never be shaken.
4. One thing I ask of Yahweh, one thing I seek: to dwell in Yahweh's house all the days of my life, to enjoy the sweetness of Yahweh, to seek out his temple.
5. For he hides me away under his roof on the day of evil, he folds me in the recesses of his tent, sets me high on a rock.
6. Now my head is held high above the enemies who surround me; in his tent I will offer sacrifices of acclaim. I will sing, I will make music for Yahweh.
7. Yahweh, hear my voice as I cry, pity me, answer me!
8. Of you my heart has said, 'Seek his face!' Your face, Yahweh, I seek;
9. do not turn away from me. Do not thrust aside your servant in anger, without you I am helpless. Never leave me, never forsake me, God, my Saviour.
10. Though my father and mother forsake me, Yahweh will gather me up.
11. Yahweh, teach me your way, lead me on the path of integrity because of my enemies;
12. do not abandon me to the will of my foes -- false witnesses have risen against me, and are breathing out violence.
13. This I believe: I shall see the goodness of Yahweh, in the land of the living.
14. Put your hope in Yahweh, be strong, let your heart be bold, put your hope in Yahweh.