1. [Psalm Of David When he was in the cave Prayer] To Yahweh I cry out with my plea. To Yahweh I cry out with entreaty.
2. I pour out my worry in his presence, in his presence I unfold my troubles.
3. However faint my spirit; you are watching over my path. On the road I have to travel they have hidden a trap for me.
4. Look on my right and see -- there is no one who recognises me. All refuge is denied me, no one cares whether I live or die.
5. I cry out to you, Yahweh, I affirm, 'You are my refuge, my share in the land of the living!'
6. Listen to my calling, for I am miserably weak. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.
7. Lead me out of prison that I may praise your name. The upright gather round me because of your generosity to me.