1. [Psalm Of David] Yahweh, I am calling, hurry to me, listen to my voice when I call to you.
2. May my prayer be like incense in your presence, my uplifted hands like the evening sacrifice.
3. Yahweh, mount a guard over my mouth, a guard at the door of my lips.
4. Check any impulse to speak evil, to share the foul deeds of evil-doers. I shall not sample their delights!
5. May the upright correct me with a friend's rebuke; but the wicked shall never anoint my head with oil, for that would make me party to their crimes.
6. They are delivered into the power of the rock, their judge, those who took pleasure in hearing me say,
7. 'Like a shattered millstone on the ground our bones are scattered at the mouth of Sheol.'
8. To you, Yahweh, I turn my eyes, in you I take refuge, do not leave me unprotected.
9. Save me from the traps that are set for me, the snares of evil-doers.
10. Let the wicked fall each into his own net, while I pass on my way.