1. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God, trust also in me.
2. In my Father's house there are many places to live in; otherwise I would have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you,
3. and after I have gone and prepared you a place, I shall return to take you to myself, so that you may be with me where I am.
4. You know the way to the place where I am going.
5. Thomas said, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going, so how can we know the way?'
6. Jesus said: I am the Way; I am Truth and Life. No one can come to the Father except through me.
7. If you know me, you will know my Father too. From this moment you know him and have seen him.
8. Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and then we shall be satisfied.' Jesus said to him,
9. 'Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me? 'Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so how can you say, "Show us the Father"?
10. Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? What I say to you I do not speak of my own accord: it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his works.
11. You must believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe it on the evidence of these works.
12. In all truth I tell you, whoever believes in me will perform the same works as I do myself, and will perform even greater works, because I am going to the Father.
13. Whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
15. If you love me you will keep my commandments.
16. I shall ask the Father, and he will give you another Paraclete to be with you for ever,
17. the Spirit of truth whom the world can never accept since it neither sees nor knows him; but you know him, because he is with you, he is in you.
18. I shall not leave you orphans; I shall come to you.
19. In a short time the world will no longer see me; but you will see that I live and you also will live.
20. On that day you will know that I am in my Father and you in me and I in you.
21. Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him.'
22. Judas -- not Judas Iscariot -- said to him, 'Lord, what has happened, that you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?'
23. Jesus replied: Anyone who loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.
24. Anyone who does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not my own: it is the word of the Father who sent me.
25. I have said these things to you while still with you;
26. but the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all I have said to you.
27. Peace I bequeath to you, my own peace I give you, a peace which the world cannot give, this is my gift to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
28. You heard me say: I am going away and shall return. If you loved me you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.
29. I have told you this now, before it happens, so that when it does happen you may believe.
30. I shall not talk to you much longer, because the prince of this world is on his way. He has no power over me,
31. but the world must recognise that I love the Father and that I act just as the Father commanded. Come now, let us go.