1. He said, 'Son of man, get to your feet; I will speak to you.'
2. As he said these words the spirit came into me and put me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me.
3. He said, 'Son of man, I am sending you to the Israelites, to the rebels who have rebelled against me. They and their ancestors have been in revolt against me up to the present day.
4. Because they are stubborn and obstinate children, I am sending you to them, to say, "Lord Yahweh says this."
5. Whether they listen or not, this tribe of rebels will know there is a prophet among them.
6. And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or of what they say, though you find yourself surrounded with brambles and sitting on scorpions. Do not be afraid of their words or alarmed by their looks, for they are a tribe of rebels.
7. You are to deliver my words to them whether they listen or not, for they are a tribe of rebels.
8. But you, son of man, are to listen to what I say to you; do not be a rebel like that rebellious tribe. Open your mouth and eat what I am about to give you.'
9. When I looked, there was a hand stretch- ing out to me, holding a scroll.
10. He un- rolled it in front of me; it was written on, front and back; on it was written 'Lamentations, dirges and cries of grief '.