1. From the Elder: my greetings to the Lady, the chosen one, and to her children, whom I love in truth -- and I am not the only one, for so do all who have come to know the Truth -- and I am not the only one, for so so do all who have come to know the Truth-
2. because of the truth that remains in us and will be with us for ever.
3. In our life of truth and love, we shall have grace, faithful love and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father.
4. It has given me great joy to find that children of yours have been living the life of truth as we were commanded by the Father.
5. And now I am asking you -- dear lady, not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but only the one which we have had from the beginning -- that we should love one another.
6. To love is to live according to his commandments: this is the commandment which you have heard since the beginning, to live a life of love.
7. There are many deceivers at large in the world, refusing to acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in human nature. They are the Deceiver; they are the Antichrist.
8. Watch yourselves, or all our work will be lost and you will forfeit your full reward.
9. If anybody does not remain in the teaching of Christ but goes beyond it, he does not have God with him: only those who remain in what he taught can have the Father and the Son with them.
10. If anyone comes to you bringing a different doctrine, you must not receive him into your house or even give him a greeting.
11. Whoever greets him has a share in his wicked activities.
12. There are several things I have to tell you, but I have thought it best not to trust them to paper and ink. I hope instead to visit you and talk to you in person, so that our joy may be complete.
13. Greetings to you from the children of your sister, the chosen one.