1. A false balance [is] abomination to the LORD: but a just weight [is] his delight.
2. [When] pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly [is] wisdom.
3. The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4. Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
5. The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6. The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in [their own] naughtiness.
7. When a wicked man dieth, [his] expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust [men] perisheth.
8. The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked cometh in his stead.
9. An hypocrite with [his] mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
10. When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked perish, [there is] shouting.
11. By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.
12. He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.
13. A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
14. Where no counsel [is], the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors [there is] safety.
15. He that is surety for a stranger shall smart [for it]: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.
16. A gracious woman retaineth honour: and strong [men] retain riches.
17. The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but [he that is] cruel troubleth his own flesh.
18. The wicked worketh a deceitful work: but to him that soweth righteousness [shall be] a sure reward.
19. As righteousness [tendeth] to life: so he that pursueth evil [pursueth it] to his own death.
20. They that are of a froward heart [are] abomination to the LORD: but [such as are] upright in [their] way [are] his delight.
21. [Though] hand [join] in hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the seed of the righteous shall be delivered.
22. [As] a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, [so is] a fair woman which is without discretion.
23. The desire of the righteous [is] only good: [but] the expectation of the wicked [is] wrath.
24. There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and [there is] that withholdeth more than is meet, but [it tendeth] to poverty.
25. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
26. He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing [shall be] upon the head of him that selleth [it].
27. He that diligently seeketh good procureth favour: but he that seeketh mischief, it shall come unto him.
28. He that trusteth in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
29. He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool [shall be] servant to the wise of heart.
30. The fruit of the righteous [is] a tree of life; and he that winneth souls [is] wise.
31. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.