1. And you, when you were dead in your offences, and sins,
2. Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of unbelief:
3. In which also we all conversed in time past, in the desires of our flesh, fulfilling the will of the flesh and of our thoughts, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest:
4. But God, (who is rich in mercy,) for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,)
6. And hath raised us up together, and hath made us sit together in the heavenly places, through Christ Jesus.
7. That he might shew in the ages to come the abundant riches of his grace, in his bounty towards us in Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, for it is the gift of God;
9. Not of works, that no man may glory.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus in good works, which God hath prepared that we should walk in them.