1. And the word of the Lord came to me, saying:
2. Son of man, say to the prince of Tyre: Thus saith the Lord God: Because thy heart is lifted up, and thou hast said: I am God, and T sit in the chair of God in the heart of the sea: whereas thou art a man, and not God: and hast set thy heart as if it were the heart of God.
3. Behold thou art wiser than Daniel: no secret is hid from thee.
4. In thy wisdom and thy understanding thou hast made thyself strong: and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures.
5. By the greatness of thy wisdom, and by thy traffic thou hast increased thy strength: and thy heart is lifted up with thy strength.
6. Therefore, thus saith the Lord God: Because thy heart is lifted up as the heart of God:
7. Therefore behold, I will bring upon thee strangers the strongest of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy beauty.
8. They shall kill thee, and bring thee down: and thou shalt die the death of them that are slain in the heart of the sea.
9. Wilt thou yet say before them that slay thee: I am God; whereas thou art a man, and not God, in the hand of them that slay thee?
10. Thou shalt die the death of the uncircumcised by the hand of strangers: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.