1. A canticle of a psalm for David himself.
2. My heart is ready, O God, my heart is ready: I will sing, and will give praise, with my glory.
3. Arise, my glory; arise, psaltery and harp: I will arise in the morning early.
4. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: and I will sing unto thee among the populations.
5. For thy mercy is great above the heavens: and thy truth even unto the clouds.
6. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens, and thy glory over all the earth:
7. that thy beloved may be delivered. Save with thy right hand and hear me.
8. God hath spoken in his holiness. I will rejoice, and I will divide Sichem and I will mete out the vale of tabernacles.
9. Galaad is mine, and Manasses is mine and Ephraim the protection of my head. Juda is my king:
10. Moab the pot of my hope. Over Edom I will stretch out my shoe: the aliens are become my friends.
11. Who will bring me into the strong city? who will lead me into Edom?
12. Wilt not thou, O God, who hast cast us off? and wilt not thou, O God, go forth with our armies?
13. O grant us help from trouble: for vain is the help of man.
14. Through God we shall do mightily: and he will bring our enemies to nothing.