1. When they arrived near Kaserin which faces the city of Nineveh,
2. Raphael said to Tobias, "You know in what state your father Tobit was when we left him;
3. let us go ahead to prepare the house before your wife Sara arrives.
4. Bring with you the gall of the fish." The dog also went with them, walking behind them.
5. Now Anna was sitting there, scanning the road along which her son should return.
6. She saw Tobias and Raphael coming in the distance and said to the father of Tobias, "Your son is coming with the man who accompanied him."
7. While Tobias and Raphael were still going along the road, Raphael said to Tobias, "I am sure that your father will regain his sight.
8. Rub his eyes with the fish gall and when he feels his eyes itching, he will rub them and the film will come away like scales from his eyes. He will regain his sight and see the light."
9. Anna ran to meet Tobias and threw her arms around his neck saying, "At last I have seen you again, my child. Now I can die!" And both of them began to cry.
10. Tobit also got up and, stumbling, arrived at the door of the courtyard. Tobias ran to him
11. with the fish gall in his hand. He breathed on his father's eyes, embraced him and said, "Father, have confidence!"
12. Then he spread the fish gall on Tobit's eyes. Tobias waited.
13. When his eyes began to itch, Tobit rubbed them and with both hands scaled off the film from the corners of his eyes. When Tobit saw his son he threw his arms around Tobias' neck
14. and began to weep. He said, "Blessed be you, O God. Blessed be your Name forever. Blessed be your holy angels.
15. You have punished me, but you have taken pity on me, and now I can see my son, Tobias." Tobias was very happy. After entering the house he told his father about the important things that had happened in Media. He told his father about the successful outcome of his journey, how he got the money, and how he married Sara, daughter of Ragouel, who just then was approaching the gates of Nineveh.
16. Tobit, happy and praising God, went out to meet his daughter-in-law at the gates of Nineveh. All those who saw him, walking alone and unaided, were amazed that he could see.
17. Tobit proclaimed to them that God had taken pity on him and cured him. Then he went to Sara and blessed her saying, "Welcome, daughter! May God be blessed for having brought you to us and may your father and mother also be blessed." It was a day of great rejoicing for all Tobit's relatives who lived in Nineveh.
18. Ahikar, Tobit's nephew and Nabad arrived (from Elymiade) and the wedding celebrations lasted for a week.