1. On my bed at night I looked for the one I love, I sought him without finding him;
2. I will rise and go about the city, through the streets and the squares; I will seek the love of my heart...
3. I sought him without finding him; the watchmen came upon me, those who patrol the city. "Have you seen the love of my heart?"
4. As soon as I left them, I found the love of my heart. I held him and would not let him go till I had brought him to my mother's house to the room of her who conceived me.
5. I beg you, daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and hinds of the field, not to arouse or stir up love before her time has come.
6. Who is this coming from the wilderness? There seems to be a pillar of smoke, with fumes of myrrh and frankincense.
7. Look, it is Solomon's carriage! sixty warriors escort him, the strongest of Israel,
8. all girded with swords, all seasoned in battle; each is ready with sword at his side, each prepared for the terrors of the night.
9. King Solomon has made for himself a carriage of wood from Lebanon,
10. its columns of silver, its back of gold, its seat of purple cloth, its framework inlaid with ivory.
11. Come, daughters of Zion, see King Solomon wearing the diadem with which his mother crowned him on the day of his wedding, on the day his heart rejoiced.