1. Lord, you have been our refuge through all generations.
2. Before the mountains were formed, before you made the earth and the world, from eternity to eternity - you are God.
3. You turn humans back to dust, saying, "Return, O mortals!"
4. A thousand years in your sight are like a day that has passed, or like a watch in the night.
5. You sow them in their time, at dawn they peep out.
6. In the morning they blossom, but the flower fades and withers in the evening.
7. Your fury consumes us like fire, and we are helpless before your anger.
8. Our evils lie before you who scrutinize our hidden sins.
9. Our days pass away in your wrath; our years are gone in no time.
10. Seventy years to our life or eighty if we are strong, yet most of them are sorrow and trouble; speeding by, they sweep us along.
11. Who knows the extent of your anger? Who has seen the end of your wrath?
12. So make us know the shortness of our life, that we may gain wisdom of heart.
13. How long will you be angry, O Lord? Have mercy on your servant.
14. Fill us at daybreak with your goodness, that we may be glad all our days.
15. Make joy endure as the misery did, and the years in which we were afflicted.
16. Let your work be seen by your servants and your glorious power by their children.
17. May the sweetness of the Lord be upon us; may he prosper the work of our hands.