1. Lord, I call on you, hasten to help me! Listen to my plea when I call to you.
2. Let my prayer rise to you like incense, as I lift up my hands as in an evening sacrifice.
3. O Lord, set a guard at my mouth, keep watch at the gate of my lips.
4. Let not my heart be drawn to evil; let me not be enticed into evil acts in company with sinners, and let me not partake of their delights.
5. Rather the reproach and the just scourge, than the oil of the wicked anointing my head.
6. When their rulers are flung upon the rock, only then will these wicked learn that I was tolerant with them,
7. when the earth opens to swallow them and their bones are scattered at the edge of the netherworld.
8. But my eyes are turned to you, O God, my Lord; strip me not of life, for you are my refuge.
9. Keep me from the trap they have set for me, keep me from the net laid by evildoers.
10. Let the wicked fall into their own snares, while I alone escape safe and free.