1. Wine leads to vulgarity and strong drink, to bravado; he who strays in it will never be wise.
2. The angry king is like a roaring lion; whoever provokes him risks his life.
3. It is good for man to avoid quarrels; it is the fool who does not master himself.
4. Autumn is over, yet the fool does no work; come the harvest, he searches and finds nothing.
5. Counsel is like deep water in the heart, the discerning man has only to draw it out.
6. Many are called good but where can the trustworthy man be found?
7. The upright man who works honestly will make his sons happy after him.
8. The king who sits in judgment discovers evil at a single glance.
9. Who can say, "I have purified my heart, I am cleansed from sin?"
10. The crooked measure and scales - these are the things that Yahweh detests.
11. The child reveals himself in his deeds: whether his actions are honest and upright.
12. The ear that hears, the eye that sees, Yahweh has made them both.
13. Do not love sleep lest you become poor; keep your eyes open and you will have your fill of bread.
14. "No good, no good," says the buyer but off he goes congratulating himself.
15. Although you have gold and abundance of pearls, the most valuable adornment is lips which speak wisely.
16. Get rid of his clothes because he has stood bail for a stranger; arrest him for the profit of those unknown!
17. Stolen bread tastes good but later on your mouth is full of sand.
18. Plans take shape, thanks to advice; do battle, then, with wise strategies.
19. The gossiper reveals secrets; have nothing to do with chatterers.
20. Whoever curses his father and mother will see his lamp extinguished in the midst of darkness.
21. Advantage hastily gained in the beginning will not be blessed in the long run.
22. Never say, "I will take revenge." Trust in Yahweh; he will save you.
23. Yahweh detests false weights; it does no good to have false scales.
24. Yahweh directs a man's steps, who can know where his way leads?
25. It is dangerous to make hasty promises to Yahweh and only then reflect on them.
26. A king throws evildoers to the wind and runs the thresher over them.
27. Man's spirit is Yahweh's lamp which searches the hidden places of the heart.
28. Goodness and loyalty keep guard over the king; his throne stands due to goodness.
29. Energy is the adornment of youth, white hair the dignity of age.
30. Bleeding wounds purify evil, blows bring healing to the inner self.