1. Yahweh detests a false scale but a just weight pleases him.
2. Disgrace always accompanies pride; wisdom resides with the humble.
3. Honesty illumines the path of the upright; but the corrupt are confounded by their own evil.
4. On the day of vengeance riches will prove useless but honest living will save from death.
5. The virtuous man's integrity smooths his way, while the wicked man falls by his own evil.
6. Upright living saves the virtuous while evildoers are caught in their own greed.
7. The hope of the wicked is buried with them and their trust in riches is of no avail.
8. The upright will escape from distress; a wicked man will take his place.
9. The godless man uses his mouth to destroy his neighbor but the virtuous use their wisdom to save themselves.
10. The city rejoices in the good fortune of the upright and delights in the ruin of the wicked.
11. A city is raised on the blessing of honest men and destroyed by the mouth of the wicked.
12. Whoever mocks his neighbor is a fool; the wise man chooses silence.
13. The gossip reveals secrets, but the trustworthy man keeps a secret.
14. Lack of guidance leads to a nation's decline whereas numerous counselors bring success.
15. He who stands bail for a stranger harms himself; he who avoids going bail will be safe.
16. A gracious woman wins renown, and bold men acquire riches.
17. The generous man does himself a favor while a cruel man wounds his own flesh.
18. The pay of the wicked is an illusion; while the upright man reaps a sure reward.
19. Upright living leads to life but the way of evil leads to death.
20. Yahweh detests the corrupt of heart but loves those whose life is upright.
21. Be assured that the wicked will not go unpunished, and the sons of the virtuous will be saved.
22. The pretty woman without discretion is like a gold ring in the snout of a pig.
23. The upright desire nothing but good; the desires of the wicked are in vain.
24. Those who are generous increase their riches; others are misers and impoverish themselves.
25. The warmhearted soul will prosper; he who waters will himself be watered.
26. He who hoards wheat is cursed by the people; blessed is he who sells his seeds.
27. Yahweh rewards the one who seeks good; but he who pursues evil will be caught by it.
28. He who trusts in riches will stumble; while the upright will flourish like leaves.
29. Whoever mismanages his house will inherit only wind; the fool will end up a slave of the wise.
30. The fruit of the upright is a tree of life while the wicked are uprooted before their time.
31. If here on earth the upright get their due, how much more the wicked and the sinner!