1. Yahweh spoke to Moses and said,
2. "Tell the sons of Israel about the fixed price for those who have to be ransomed because of a vow.
3. A man between twenty and sixty years of age shall be valued at fifty pieces of silver - the official standard;
4. a woman shall be valued at thirty silver coins;
5. between five and twenty years, a boy shall be valued at twenty silver coins, a girl at ten silver coins;
6. between one month and five years, a boy shall be valued at five silver coins, a girl at three silver coins;
7. at sixty years and over, a man shall be valued at fifteen silver coins and a woman at ten silver coins.
8. If the person who made the vow is too poor to pay the standard price, he must present the person concerned to the priest, and the priest shall set a value proportionate to the re-sources of the person who made the vow.
9. As for an animal suitable for offering to Yahweh, any such animal given to Yahweh is holy.
10. It cannot be exchanged or a substitute offered - good for bad, bad for good. If one animal is substituted for another, both of them shall belong to Yahweh.
11. If it is an unclean animal, and not suitable for offering to Yahweh, whatever it may be it must be presented to the priest
12. and he shall set a price for it, judging it good or bad.
13. You must abide by his price. The person who wishes to buy it back must add one fifth to the price set.
14. If a man dedicates his house to Yahweh, the priest shall set a price for it, judging whether its value is great or little. You must abide by the priest's price.
15. If the man who has vowed his house wishes to buy it back, he must add one fifth to the price and it shall be given back to him.
16. If a man dedicates one of the fields of his patrimony to Yahweh, its value shall be calculated according to its productivity, at the rate of fifty silver coins to one bushel of barley.
17. If he dedicates the field during the Jubilee year, he must stand by this price.
18. But if he dedicates it after the Jubilee, the priest shall calculate the price on the basis of the number of years still to run until the next Jubilee and the price shall be reduced accordingly.
19. If he wishes to buy back the field, he shall add one fifth to the price, and the field shall be given back to him.
20. If he does not buy it back but sells it to another, the right of redemption ceases;
21. when the buyer has to give it up at the Jubilee year, it becomes a thing dedicated to Yahweh, the same as a field laid under the ban: the man's property passes to the priest.
22. If he dedicates to Yahweh a field which he has bought, but which is not part of his patrimony,
23. the priest shall assess the price on the basis of the number of years still to run before the Jubilee year; and the man shall pay this sum the same day, as for a thing dedicated to Yahweh.
24. In the Jubilee year, the field shall return to the seller, to the man to whose patrimony the land belongs.
25. All prices must be made according to the official sanctuary standards at the rate of twenty gerahs to one silver piece.
26. No one may dedicate the firstborn of his cattle, for it belongs to Yahweh by right: whether ox or sheep, it belongs to Yahweh.
27. But if it is an unclean animal it may be bought back at the price with one fifth added; if it is not bought back, the animal shall be sold at the price set.
28. Nothing that is dedicated to Yahweh by anathema may be bought back; nothing whether a man, an animal, or a field of patrimony. What is dedicated by anathema becomes a most holy thing and belongs to Yahweh.
29. A human being dedicated by anathema cannot be bought back, he must be put to death.
30. One tenth of all the produce of the earth or the fruits of trees, belongs to Yahweh.
31. If a man wishes to buy back part of his tithe, he must add one fifth to its value.
32. In all tithes of flock or herd, the tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff shall be a thing dedicated to Yahweh;
33. there must be no picking out of good and bad, no substitution. If substitution takes place, both the animal and its substitute shall be things dedicated without possibility of buying them back."
34. These are the commandments that Yahweh laid down for Moses on Mount Sinai, for the people of Israel.