1. Rejoice, O barren woman who has not given birth; sing and shout for joy, you who never had children, for more are the children of the rejected woman than the children of the married wife, says Yahweh.
2. Enlarge the space for your tent, stretch out your hangings, lengthen your ropes and strengthen your stakes,
3. for you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will take possession of the nations and inhabit cities that have been abandoned.
4. Do not be afraid for you will not be deceived, do not be ashamed for you will not be disgraced. You will forget the shame of your youth; no longer will you remember the disgrace of your widowhood.
5. For your Maker is to marry you: Yahweh Sabaoth is his name. Your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel: He is called God of all the earth.
6. For Yahweh has called you back as one forsaken and grieved in spirit. Who could abandon his first beloved? says your God.
7. For a brief moment I have abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will gather my people.
8. For a moment, in an outburst of anger, I hid my face from you, but with everlasting love I have had mercy on you, says Yahweh, your Redeemer.
9. This is for me like Noah's waters, when I swore that they would no more flood the earth; so now I swear not to be angry with you and never again to rebuke you.
10. The mountains may depart and the hills be moved, but never will my love depart from you nor my covenant of peace be removed, says Yahweh whose compassion is for you.
11. O afflicted city, lashed by storm and unconsoled, I will set your stones with turquoise, your foundations with sapphires.
12. I will crown your wall with agate, make your gates crystal, and your ramparts of precious stones.
13. All your children will be taught by Yahweh, and they will prosper greatly.
14. Justice will be your foundation; tyranny and the fear of oppression will never come near you.
15. If ever you are attacked, it will not be of my doing; and your attacker will surely fail.
16. Look, it is I who created the blacksmith, who fans the burning coals and forges his weapons. But I have also prepared the one who makes them useless.
17. No weapon forged against you will succeed, and all who speak against you will be silenced. Such is the lot of the servants of Yahweh, and such is the right I grant them - says Yahweh.