1. Samaria is guilty for she rebelled against her God. They will fall by the sword, their little ones will be crushed and women with child ripped open.
2. Return to your God Yahweh, O Israel! Your sins have caused your downfall.
3. Return to Yahweh with humble words. Say to him, "Oh you who show compassion to the fatherless forgive our debt, be appeased. Instead of bulls and sacrifices, accept the praise from our lips.
4. Assyria will not save us: no longer shall we look for horses nor ever again shall we say 'Our gods' to the work of our hands."
5. I will heal their wavering and love them with all my heart for my anger has turned from them.
6. I shall be like dew to Israel like the lily will he blossom. Like a cedar he will send down his roots;
7. his young shoots will grow and spread. His splendor will be like an olive tree, his fragrance, like a Lebanon cedar.
8. They will dwell in my shade again, they will flourish like the grain, they will blossom like a vine, and their fame will be like Lebanon wine.
9. What would Ephraim do with idols, when it is I who hear and make him prosper? I am like an ever-green cypress tree; all your fruitfulness comes from me.
10. Who is wise enough to grasp all this? Who is discerning and will understand? Straight are the ways of Yahweh: the just walk in them, but the sinners stumble.