1. Moses assembled the whole community of the people of Israel and said to them, "This is what Yahweh has ordered to be done:
2. Work is to be done for six days, but the seventh is to be a holy day for you, a day of complete rest, consecrated to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on that day shall be put to death.
3. You must not light a fire on the sabbath day in any of your homes."
4. Moses spoke to the whole community of the people of Israel, "This is what Yahweh has commanded:
5. Set aside a contribution for Yahweh out of your possessions. Let all give willingly and bring this contribution for Yahweh: gold, silver, and bronze;
6. purple wool, of violet shade and red, crimson wool, fine linen, goats' hair,
7. rams' skins dyed red and fine leather, acacia wood,
8. oil for the light, spices for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense;
9. precious stones and gems to be set in Ephod and Breastpiece.
10. Let all the most skilled craftsmen among you come and make all that Yahweh has commanded:
11. the Holy Tent, its tent and its covering, its hooks and its frames, its crossbars, its posts, and its bases;
12. the ark with its poles, the mercy Seat on the ark and the veil that screens it;
13. the table with its poles and all the furnishings for it, and the loaves of offering;
14. the lampstand for the light, with its accessories, its lamps, and the oil for the light;
15. the altar of incense with its poles, the anointing oil, the fragrant incense, and the screen for the entrance to the Holy Tent;
16. the altar of burnt offering with its bronze grating, its poles, and all the furnishings for it, the basin and its stand;
17. the hangings of the court, its posts, its bases, and the screen for the gateway to the court;
18. the pegs of the Holy Tent and of the court, together with their cords;
19. the beautiful priestly vestments for service in the sanctuary, that is, the sacred vestments for Aaron the priest and the vestments of his sons for the priestly functions."
20. Then the whole community of Israel withdrew from Moses' presence.
21. And all those who wanted to give came, bringing their contribution for Yahweh for making the Tent of Meeting, for all its functions and for the sacred vestments.
22. They came, men and women, all giving willingly, bringing brooches, rings, bracelets, necklaces, gold things of every kind - the gold which each one had offered to Yahweh.
23. All those who happened to own purple wool, of violet shade or red, crimson wool, fine linen, goats' hair, rams' skins dyed red, or fine leather, brought them.
24. All who could contribute to the collection of silver and bronze brought their contribution for Yahweh. And all who happened to own acacia wood, suitable for any of the work to be done, brought it.
25. All the skilled women set their hands to spinning, and brought purple wool, of violet shade and red, crimson wool and fine linen, from what they had spun.
26. All the women willingly used their special skill and spun the goats' hair.
27. The leaders brought precious stones and gems to be set in Ephod and Breastpiece,
28. and the spices and oil for the light, for the anointing oil and for the fragrant incense.
29. All the men and women of Israel who wanted to contribute to all the work that Yahweh had ordered through Moses to be done brought their free offering to Yahweh.
30. Moses said to the people of Israel, "See, Yahweh has chosen Bezalel son of Uri, son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.
31. He has filled him with the spirit of God and given him understanding, skill, and ability for every kind of craft:
32. for the art of designing and working in gold and silver and bronze;
33. for cutting stones to be set, for carving in wood, for every kind of craft.
34. And to him and Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, he has given the gift of teaching.
35. He has filled them with skill to carry out all the crafts of engraver, weaver of fine linen, embroiderer in purple wool, of violet shade and red, in crimson wool and fine linen, as well as of the common weaver; they are able to do work of all kinds, and are skillful designers."