1. Jerusalem, put off your garment of mourning and unhappiness, put on the splendor and glory of God forever.
2. Wrap yourself in the mantle of holiness that comes from God, put on your head the crown of glory of the Eternal One.
3. For God will show your splendor to every being under Heaven.
4. He will call your name forever, "Peace in Justice" and "Glory in the Fear of the Lord."
5. Rise up, Jerusalem, stand on the heights. Look towards the East and see your children gathered together from the setting of the sun to its rising, by the voice of the Holy One, rejoicing because God has remembered them.
6. They left you on foot, taken away by the enemy. God will lead them back, carried gloriously like royal princes.
7. For God has resolved to bring low every high mountain and the everlasting hills, to fill up the valleys and level out the ground, in order that Israel may walk in safety under the Glory of God.
8. Even the forests and the fragrant trees will give shade to Israel at God's command.
9. For God will lead Israel with joy by the light of his Glory, escorting them with his mercy and justice.