1. I, the elder, to the chosen Lady and her children, whom I love sincerely - and with me all who know the truth -
2. because of this same truth which is and will be in us forever.
3. Grace, mercy and peace be with you in the name of God the Father and of his Son, Christ Jesus, in truth and love.
4. I rejoiced greatly on meeting some of your children who live in accordance with the truth, according to the command we have received from the Father.
5. And now, I ask you, Lady - I write to you not a new commandment but that which we had from the beginning - I ask you: let us love one another.
6. This is love: to walk according to his commandments. And this is the commandment: that you walk in love as you have learned from the beginning.
7. Many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ who came in the flesh. They are impostors and antichrists.
8. Take care of yourselves that you do not lose the fruit of your labors, but receive a perfect reward.
9. Everyone who goes beyond and does not remain within the teaching of Christ does not have God. The one who remains in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
10. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your houses or even greet him.
11. Even in greeting him you would become an accomplice in his wicked deeds.
12. I have many things to write to you, but I prefer not to use paper and ink. I hope to meet you and speak to you personally, that our joy may be full.
13. The children of your chosen sister greet you.