1. They brought the ark of God in and put it inside the tent that David had prepared for it; and they offered burnt offerings and peace offerings to God.
2. And when David had finished offering the sacrifices, he blessed the people in the name of Yahweh.
3. He then distributed to all the Israelites, men and women, a loaf of bread each, a piece of roasted meat, and a raisin cake.
4. David appointed some of the Levites to minister before the ark of Yahweh, to commemorate, thank and praise Yahweh, the God of Israel:
5. first Asaph, second Zechariah, then Uzziel, Shemiramoth, Jehiel, Mattithiah, Eliab, Benaiah, Obed-edom, Jeiel. These were to play the harp and the lyre, while Asaph was to clash the cymbals.
6. The priests Benaiah and Jahaziel were to keep sounding the trumpet before the ark of the covenant of Yahweh.
7. That day, David entrusted this song of praise to Asaph and his brethren:
8. Give thanks to Yahweh, call upon his name, proclaim his deeds to the peoples.
9. Sing to him, sing his praise; tell of all his marvels.
10. Glory in his holy name, let the hearts that seek Yahweh rejoice!
11. Seek Yahweh and his strength, seek his face untiringly;
12. Recall the wondrous deeds he has done, his miracles, the judgments from his mouth.
13. Descendants of Israel his servant, sons of Jacob his chosen one,
14. he is Yahweh our God; he rules over all the earth.
15. He remembers his covenant forever, his promises for many generations,
16. the covenant he made with Abraham, his promise to Isaac,
17. That he gave as law to Jacob, an everlasting covenant for Israel.
18. For he said, "I give you a land Canaan, your own possession,"
19. when they were easily counted, few in number, strangers to the country.
20. They wandered from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another.
21. But he let no one oppress them, and punished kings for their sake:
22. "Do not touch my anointed ones, do not harm my prophets."
23. Sing to Yahweh, all the earth. Proclaim his salvation day after day.
24. Tell his glory among the nations and his wonders to every people.
25. Yahweh is great, and highly to be praised, more fearsome than all gods.
26. Nothingness are all the gods of the nations, Yahweh himself made the heavens;
27. splendor and majesty go before him, praise and joy are in his sanctuary.
28. Give to Yahweh, families of the peoples, give to Yahweh glory and praise.
29. Give to Yahweh the glory due his name. Bring out offerings and bow before him, worship Yahweh in his sacred ornaments.
30. Be quiet before him, all the earth! Firm has he made the world, not to be moved.
31. Let the heavens be glad, and the earth rejoice! Say among the nations, "Yahweh is King!"
32. Let the sea thunder and all that it holds, let the fields exult and all that is in them,
33. let all the trees cry out for joy, and rejoice before Yahweh, for he comes to rule the earth.
34. Give thanks to Yahweh, for he is good, his love endures forever.
35. Say, "Save us, O God, our Savior, gather us and deliver us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name and glory in praising you."
36. Blessed be Yahweh the God of Israel from all eternity and forever! And let all the people say, "Amen! Alleluia!"
37. David left there, before the ark of the Covenant of Yahweh, Asaph and his brother Levites with the permanent charge of the worship that was held before the ark as each day's ritual required.
38. He left also Obed-edom, with his sixty-eight kinsmen. Obed-edom son of Jeduthun, and Hosah were to be keepers of the gate.
39. He left Zadok the priest and the priests, his kinsmen, before the Holy Tent of Yahweh at the High place in Gibeon
40. to offer burnt offerings to Yahweh regularly, morning and evening, on the altar for burnt offerings and to carry out all that is written in the Law of Yahweh laid down for Israel.
41. With them were Heman and Jeduthun and the rest of those who were chosen and assigned by name to give praise to God, "For his love is everlasting."
42. With them were Heman and Jeduthun who were to sound the trumpets, cymbals and musical instruments accompanying the hymns to God. The sons of Jeduthun were given charge of the gate.
43. Then all went away, each to his own house, and David returned to bless his household.