1. Admonish them to be subordinate to the rulers and authorities, to obey their dictates, to be prepared for every good work,
2. to speak evil of no one, not to be litigious, but to be reserved, displaying all meekness toward all men.
3. For, in times past, we ourselves were also unwise, unbelieving, erring, servants of various desires and pleasures, acting with malice and envy, being hateful and hating one another.
4. But then the kindness and humanity of God our Savior appeared.
5. And he saved us, not by works of justice that we had done, but, in accord with his mercy, by the washing of regeneration and by the renovation of the Holy Spirit,
6. whom he has poured out upon us in abundance, through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7. so that, having been justified by his grace, we may become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
8. This is a faithful saying. And I want you to confirm these things, so that those who believe in God may take care to excel in good works. These things are good and useful to men.
9. But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, as well as arguments against the law. For these are useless and empty.
10. Avoid a man who is a heretic, after the first and second correction,
11. knowing that one who is like this has been subverted, and that he offends; for he has been condemned by his own judgment.
12. When I send Artemas or Tychicus to you, hurry to return to me at Nicopolis. For I have decided to winter there.
13. Send Zenas the lawyer and Apollo ahead with care, and let nothing be lacking to them.
14. But let our men also learn to excel in good works pertaining to the necessities of life, so that they may not be unfruitful.
15. All those who are with me greet you. Greet those who love us in the faith. May the grace of God be with you all. Amen.