1. Bride: I am a flower of the open field and a lily of the steep valleys.
2. Groom: Like a lily among the thorns, so is my loved one among the daughters.
3. Bride to Chorus: Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat beneath the shadow of the one whom I desired, and his fruit was sweet to my palate.
4. He brought me into the storeroom of wine. He set charity in order within me.
5. Prop me up with flowers. Close me in with apples. For I languish through love.
6. His left hand is under my head, and his right hand shall embrace me.
7. Groom to Chorus: I bind you by oath, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the does and the stags of the open field, not to disturb or awaken the beloved, even for as long as she wills.
8. Bride to Chorus: The voice of my beloved! Behold, he arrives leaping along the mountains, jumping across the hills.
9. My beloved is like a doe and like a young stag.
10. Lo, he stands beyond our wall, gazing through the windows, watching through the lattices.
11. Lo, my beloved speaks to me:
12. Groom to Bride: Rise up, quickly, my love, my dove, my shapely one, and advance.
13. For winter has now past; the rain has decreased and gone away.
14. The flowers have appeared in our land; the time for pruning has arrived. The voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land.
15. The fig tree has brought forth its green figs; the flowering vines bestow their odor. Rise up, my love, my brilliant one, and advance.
16. My dove in the clefts of the rock, in the hollows of the wall, reveal to me your face. Let your voice sound in my ears. For your voice is sweet, and your face is graceful.
17. Chorus to Groom and Bride: Capture for us the little foxes, which are tearing down the vines; for our vineyard has flourished.
18. Bride to Chorus: My beloved is for me, and I am for him. He pastures among the lilies, until the day rises and the shadows decline.
19. Bride to Groom: Return, O my beloved. Be like a doe and like a young stag upon the mountains of Bether.