1. The Praise of a Canticle, of David. Whoever dwells with the assistance of the Most High will abide in the protection of the God of heaven.
2. He will say to the Lord, “You are my supporter and my refuge.” My God, I will hope in him.
3. For he has freed me from the snare of those who go hunting, and from the harsh word.
4. He will overshadow you with his shoulders, and you will hope under his wings.
5. His truth will surround you with a shield. You will not be afraid: before the terror of the night,
6. before the arrow flying in the day, before the troubles that wander in the darkness, nor of invasion and the midday demon.
7. A thousand will fall before your side and ten thousand before your right hand. Yet it will not draw near you.
8. So then, truly, you will consider with your eyes, and you will see the retribution of sinners.
9. For you, O Lord, are my hope. You have set the Most High as your refuge.
10. Disaster will not draw near to you, and the scourge will not approach your tabernacle.
11. For he has given his Angels charge over you, so as to preserve you in all your ways.
12. With their hands, they will carry you, lest you hurt your foot against a stone.
13. You will walk over the asp and the king serpent, and you will trample the lion and the dragon.
14. Because he has hoped in me, I will free him. I will protect him because he has known my name.
15. He will cry out to me, and I will heed him. I am with him in tribulation. I will rescue him, and I will glorify him.
16. I will fill him with length of days. And I will reveal to him my salvation.