1. Unto the end. For those who will be changed, with the inscription of a title, of David himself, for instruction:
2. when he set fire to Mesopotamia of Syria and Sobal, and Joab turned back and struck Idumea, in the valley of the salt pits, twelve thousand men.
3. O God, you have rejected us, and you have ruined us. You became angry, and yet you have been merciful to us.
4. You have moved the earth, and you have disturbed it. Heal its breaches, for it has been moved.
5. You have revealed to your people difficulties. You have made us drink the wine of remorse.
6. You have given a warning sign to those who fear you, so that they may flee from before the face of the bow, so that your beloved may be delivered.
7. Save me with your right hand, and hear me.
8. God has spoken in his holy place: I will rejoice, and I will divide Shechem, and I will measure the steep valley of the tabernacles.
9. Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine. And Ephraim is the strength of my head. Judah is my king.
10. Moab is the cooking pot of my hope. Into Idumea, I will extend my shoe. To me, the foreigners have been made subject.
11. Who will lead me into the fortified city? Who will lead me all the way to Idumea?
12. Will not you, O God, who has rejected us? And will not you, O God, go out with our armies?
13. Grant us help from tribulation. For salvation from man is empty.
14. In God, we will act virtuously. And those who trouble us, he will lead to nothing.